Monday, March 23, 2009

Always Something

Overall, I would say we had a pretty good weekend. We didn't really do much Friday, but Saturday, we spent all day out at the Point A camp grounds with DeAnne's family. It's the first time the reunion has been at Point A, and while some of the out-of-town family weren't crazy about having to find a new place, I thought it was pretty nice. I was really surprised at how many people were there camping. The place was pretty much full. So we had a good time with that. We finished up the night playing a round of Mexican Train dominoes until about 11:00. It's a fun game, but it can really go on forever. I think both DeAnne and I ate our weight in food. Each. There's always a pile of food and it's always good, but I think we may have both overdone it this year.

Yesterday was pretty miserable for both of us. DeAnne was helping host a shower at her Mom's, so she went off to help with that as soon as she woke up. I went to church and stayed at the house trying to catch up on the laundry. Both of us were having stomach problems though. I never threw up, but last night after DeAnne got back from her Mom's house, she started complaining about being nauseated. It eventually happened and then happened another 3 or 4 times until I think she finally passed out from exhaustion around midnight. She was on the couch and I didn't hear her get up anymore past 12:00, so I'm hoping she's past the worst of it and that she'll be better today. After her being sick for a month and then me being sick for 3 weeks, the last thing we really need is for her to be sick for another couple of days.

Speaking of sickness, I think...think...I may be getting over mine. I'm still coughing, but it's not as hard and not as often as it was. I've finished taking all my medicines, so I'm a little worried that since I'm not back to 100%, I may relapse, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

So that's about it. Hopefully this week won't be as crazy as last week was. We've got a trip to Mobile on Friday for my annual heart checkup, so it'll at least be a short work week. Have a good Monday.

--Paul

No comments: