Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Doing Better

DeAnne's doing better. She was a little weak all day yesterday, but she wasn't sick on her stomach any more. Hopefully it was short lived and I don't wind up with it. I thought I was doing better until late yesterday afternoon. For some reason, I got hot and couldn't get cooled off and once I got hot, I started coughing again. I guess we'll have to see how things go today.

The rest of the week should be fairly busy. We've got a software vendor coming on-site at work to help us install a new product. He'll be here through Thursday. The software is actually pretty cool. In a nutshell, it scans a PC and creates a white list of every file on the machine that's executable. Then it locks the PC down so that only those files on the white list can run. So if you've got this on a PC and you plug a USB drive that has a virus on it into the machine, the virus files aren't on the white list and can't execute and install. The biggest catch is that the machine needs to be clean before you install the software or you'll just white list something bad.

I started playing the GTA:IV download add-on last night. I didn't get very far, but it's pretty cool. It's awesome that they can take the graphics and game engine on the disk, install some files on the hard drive and then you've basically got a whole new game. The town and all is still the same, but it's new characters, new missions, new weapons, new radio content, new everything outside of the map and the graphics. It's the way that all game makers should do expansion type content from now on.

Have a good Tuesday.

--Paul

No comments: