Monday, March 30, 2009

A Busy, Non-Busy Weekend

Overall, we have put another good weekend in the books.

Friday went well. The doctor said that my heart sounded and looked great and just to come back in a year. We had dinner with Courtney and Edwin and Harry and Heather. Courtney and Edwin suggested a place called Zea's. All their meat was cooked on a rotisserie and it was pretty doggone good. So we had good food and a good time catching up with them and then unfortunately had to come on home since we couldn't find a dog sitter.

Saturday we didn't really do much of anything. I played some Gears with Edwin online and then DeAnne and I made our first real trip to Wal-Mart in probably 2 weeks or more. Things have been so crazy lately that we just haven't had time to make a real grocery run to the store. We really didn't need that much either since we haven't really ate a whole lot at the house lately.

Anyway, after we got home DeAnne made me download Dr. Mario on the Wii. Courtney introduced DeAnne to this revised version of the classic and she's been obsessed ever since. I had to tear her away so we could go eat dinner with Dad and Sherry. After we ate dinner, we came back home and I started playing the new Prince of Persia on the 360. Don was nice enough to let me borrow it. It's a beautiful game and I'm really enjoying it so far. I haven't gotten very far, but I don't think the game is very long either, so maybe it won't take me too long to get through it.

Sunday was the first time we've actually both been able to be at church for both services and Sunday School and D.T. for weeks. It was really nice, too. We had lunch with DeAnne's Mom (it was like the weekend to eat with people evidently) and when we got back, I started on the one thing I dislike about the spring and summer more than anything else: cutting the grass. Or rather, hacking down the jungle in this case. I've got to finish up this afternoon and then I'm probably going to have to do it all again Saturday since it's supposed to rain again this week.

So that was the weekend. I'm proud to say that we are both now fairly healthy. I'm fully recovered from the stomach bug and while I still have a little bit of a cough, I think I'm close to being rid of it. Also, I joined facebook on Saturday. If you read this and you're on facebook and I haven't added you as a friend yet, then look me up and add me. Finally, be sure to check out the video I posted on Saturday from the new Batman game. I've watched it several times and every time I watch it, I get more excited for this game.

Have a good Monday.

--Paul

No comments: