Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Facebooking

So another thing that happened over the weekend is that I joined Facebook. I've been considering it for a while now. For the most part it seemed that there were more people using it more actively than they did myspace. A good number of my family members are on facebook and not myspace. So it's really an effort to get more in the loop with more people that I would like to be better connected to. I'm also tired of how annoying myspace pages can be. I really like the fact that facebook doesn't have the crazy backgrounds and it doesn't take 3 years to load someone's profile because of all the music and video clips that they have on it.

Facebook does have other advantages though. Overall, it integrates incredibly well with my greater digital life. You can configure it so that when you update twitter, it also sets your status on facebook. Also, I've got it set to import blog posts from this blog as stories on my wall. It will also import items I share from my Google Reader list and post them on my wall. So in a sense, facebook has quickly become a kind of hub where someone can go and in one centralized place, keep up with me.

So other than facebook, I finished getting the yard cut yesterday. After it rains today though, I'm probably going to have to cut it again Saturday. Hopefully it doesn't get too thick between now and then. I've also got to get a new belt for the lawnmower. I guess the jungle was just too much for it. I went to blow off the driveway and it gave out on me.

Have a good Tuesday.

--Paul

No comments: